Megan Rachel joined McCathern’s Family Law practice as a partner in 2021 after proudly offering family law representation to her Frisco, Texas neighbors and community members since 1990. For more than three decades, she has focused her career on the practice of family law and has helped countless clients resolve even the most complex family legal matters relating to divorce and child custody either through the litigation process or the collaborative divorce process.
In her three-decade career, Megan has established a reputation for being compassionate, committed and respected, her three hallmarks of representation.
- Compassion: She knows that dealing with family legal matters can be both frightening and frustrating. To take the worry out of the process she takes great care to build a trusting relationship with every client and to provide compassionate and supportive guidance throughout their legal proceedings. In this way, she works to limit the emotional stress and worry associated with family law matters.
- Committed: She is focused on helping every client obtain the most favorable resolutions possible for their legal situation. While a favorable outcome will vary from case to case, Megan is committed to protecting the best interests and future of every client. Once realistic goals for each client’s situation are set, she explores every possible legal strategy to obtain them.
- Respected: Having worked in the same courtrooms for nearly 30 years, Megan has created strong working relationships with area judges and attorneys. These individuals know that she respects the law and the legal process, and that she always acts with her clients’ best interests at heart. This is incredibly important during negotiations and court proceedings.
Megan is a member of the family law sections of the Collin County Bar Association and the Denton County Bar Association and she is a fellow at the Collin County Bench Bar Foundation. Additionally, she is a member of the family law section of the Dallas Bar Association. She is also a member of the Frisco Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas and the Collaborative Law Alliance of Collin County.
In recognition of her work, Megan was named by her peers to the 2023 edition of Texas Super Lawyers® and to the Best Lawyers® The Best Lawyers in America® list for Family Law in 2024.
Megan received her J.D. from Southern Methodist University School of Law and before law school she earned a B.A. in marketing from Texas Tech University.
Resolving a legal issue impacting your family can be difficult. Fortunately, you don’t have to face the process alone – Megan Rachel and the Family Law team at McCathern are here to help you find the swift and favorable resolutions you need to move forward with your life. Contact Megan Rachel at email@example.com or at 214-741-2717 to schedule a consultation today. And for additional information about Rachel, please visit her website.
Family Law Practice Specialties:
- Complex Divorce
- High-Net-Worth Divorce
- Uncontested Divorce
- Collaborative Divorce
- Property Division
- Child Custody
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Navigating the Holidays: Tips for Divorced Parents (November 16, 2023)
- The Compelling Case for Collaborative Divorce (November 2, 2023)
- How to Feel in Control During Your Divorce (October 16, 2023)
- What is the Difference Between Spousal Maintenance and Contractual Alimony? (March 28, 2022)
- Effective Communication During and After Divorce (March 21, 2022)
- What is a “Gray Divorce”? (March 15, 2022)