Samuel J. King joined McCathern as an associate in 2017. Sam is a litigator who represents plaintiffs and defendants in commercial, construction, personal-injury and other kinds of matters. He practices in McCathern’s office at The Star in Frisco, Texas, and he is part of the McCathern team that represents the Dallas Cowboys Football Club and related entities, among other clients.
Sam was born and raised in Dallas County. He graduated from Irving’s MacArthur High School in 1991. He earned a bachelor of arts from Texas Tech University in 1997 and a juris doctorate from the University of Houston Law Center in 2000. He has been admitted to practice law by the State Bar of Texas since 2000 and is a member of its Litigation, Construction and Insurance Law Sections.
Sam has lived in Mexico, England and Scotland and has visited all 50 U.S. states. In addition to travel, in his free time he spends time with family and volunteers for causes like United Way of Metropolitan Dallas.
- Prosecuted and defended countless personal-injury suits, from simple motor-vehicle accidents to complex wrongful-death cases.
- Defended engineering company and its employees in Dallas County negligence and breach of contract suit.
- Defended oil-and-gas company in Collin County defamation and tortious-interference suit.
- Prosecuted Harris County breach of contract suit on behalf of commercial construction company.
- Defended Dallas residents sued for defamation by well-known Dallas property management company: secured out-of-court settlement payment from plaintiff to defendants utilizing the Texas Citizens Participation Act.
- Defended oilfield-product manufacturer in Collin County suit for injunctive relief and declaratory judgment.
- Defended financial professional in Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”) arbitration proceeding.
- “[Mr. King] is incredibly knowledgeable…. I’ve worked with several attorneys and have never had this kind confidence in someone. I take my business dealings incredibly serious… and I feel comfortable knowing Mr. King will be someone I work with in the future.”
- “I have used Sam King as a business attorney for 2 years and his knowledge and expertise far exceeds that of any attorney I have ever met…. He is hands down the best business attorney in all of Dallas.”
- “Mr. King was my kind of guy. He was patient, thorough, creative and very personable.”