Attorney Samuel J. King is a partner at McCathern. Sam is an experienced civil litigator and trial lawyer who represents and advises businesses and individuals in a variety of matters, including Business & Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury, Insurance Litigation, Restaurant & Hospitality, and more.
Born and raised in Dallas County, Sam graduated from Irving’s MacArthur High School in 1991. He earned a bachelor of arts from Texas Tech University in 1997 and a juris doctorate from the University of Houston Law Center in 2000. He has been licensed to practice law by the State Bar of Texas since 2000. At the federal level, Sam is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Texas, Northern District of Texas and District of Colorado. He is a member of the Texas Bar College honorary society and numerous professional associations, including the Sports Lawyers Association.
Sam is based at McCathern’s office at The Star in Frisco, Texas. He is part of the McCathern team that represents and advises the Dallas Cowboys Football Club and related entities, among other clients. He has also lived and worked in Colorado, Mexico, England and Scotland. In his free time, he spends time with his large extended family, volunteers, plays sports, studies martial arts and creates music.
Select Cases and Transactions
- Successfully defended and resolved hundreds of personal-injury claims against businesses in courts across Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment and a full dismissal, on a general contractor’s behalf, of a complex construction-injury claim brought for several million dollars in Tarrant County, Texas, district court.
- Obtained summary judgment and a full dismissal, on a retail store’s owner and operator’s behalf, of a high-value injury claim in Dallas County, Texas, district court.
- Obtained a full dismissal of an injury claim against “America’s first shopping center” in Highland Park, Texas, in a claim filed in Dallas County district court.
- Obtained a full dismissal, on a Forney, Texas, business’s behalf, of a property-damage claim in Dallas County.
- Obtained summary judgment and a full dismissal, on a Mesquite, Texas, small-business’s behalf, of a high-value injury claim in county court at law in Dallas County.
- Part of teams that have recovered tens of millions of dollars on claimants’ behalves – both business clients and individuals.
- Appearing pro hac vice, obtained a sizeable award for an insurance client in a subrogation dispute based on a structure fire in Gallup, New Mexico.
- Obtained a sizeable award for a California business client in the arbitration of a dispute against a large, well-known Dallas-area construction company.
- Obtained a sizeable award for an insurance client in a subrogation dispute against a Little Rock, Arkansas, construction company.
- Obtained a sizeable award for an insurance client in a subrogation dispute against an Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, vehicle dealership.
- Obtained a sizeable award for an injured person in the arbitration of a dispute against a large, well-known office-supply company.