McCathern, Shokouhi, Evans, Grinke has attorneys Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Our Employment Law section counsels management on every aspect of the employment relationship. We first strive to understand your business then tailor our services to fit your needs. As a team, we work together with you to develop and maintain proactive policies and procedures to avoid employee conflict. However, when unavoidable conflict occurs, we are formidable defenders in the court room.
McCathern attorneys have an extensive track record before the regulatory agencies and in all courts dealing with:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 42 U.S.C. §1981, as amended by the Civil Rights Act of 1991
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- The Equal Pay Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Affirmative action requirements under Executive Order 11246
- Constitutional claims under 42 U.S.C. §1983
- All local, state, and federal civil rights, antidescrimination, and employment statutes
- Non-Competition, Non-Solicitation, and Non-Disclosure Agreements
The McCathern Difference
We deal with employment related anti-discrimination matters in innovative ways. Our attorneys provide interpretive guidance and review personnel forms, handbooks, policies, and procedures. We will train supervisors and suggest ways to reduce discrimination charges in litigation. When charges are filed, we are trusted by many of the world’s largest companies and insurance carriers with preparing the employer’s response and handling the matter to conclusion before a judge or jury. We are seasoned trial attorneys with experience in everything from state court and administrative claims to national class actions in the federal court system.
We have the resources to handle virtually any client need that may arise. At some firms, size can be a hindrance to the efficient resolution of conflicts. Not so here. We are accustomed to assembling the right team for the client, and we have a long and proud tradition of experienced staffing. That is why we are trusted panel counsel to the world’s two largest employment professional liability carriers.