March 21, 2023 | By Matthew Kellogg
McCathern Frisco Partner Ty Sheaks will appear on a Smart Meetings Smart Chat Live! webinar on Wednesday, March 22nd with the title “Top Legal Challenges for Meetings Professionals in 2023”. To register for the webinar, please visit the Smart Meetings website for this event. The event description is below:
What are the legal risks you need to be concerned about in 2023? As faculty legal advisor to the International Association of Venue Managers and handling litigation and transactional matters for a variety of hospitality business partners, Ty Sheaks has a front-row seat on the legal challenges facing the hospitality industry and meeting professionals.
He will cover areas of concern regarding labor/employment issues, including staffing; data privacy compliance, including new laws in California; and contractual concerns, yes, including updated force majeure clauses. The attorney leading the Restaurant & Hospitality Section of the law firm McCathern, Shokouhi, Evans, and Grinke will give an update on some of the anticipated key legal issues facing meeting professionals with all types of venues. Bonus: he will share tips for potentially mitigating issues in the future.
Discussion points will include:
- Labor and Employment issues from staffing concerns to potential rule changes from the NLRB
- Data Privacy and Compliance issues and new laws on the books
- What to include—and not include—in venue contracts
- How to negotiate for a win-win and prepare for the worst; and
- Q&A session on issues and concerns from attendees